Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Student Loans

As I tried to make a payment on my student loans earlier this month, I came across difficulties setting up automatic payments. My loan provider would not let me make a payment without first signing up for a checking account through them. I already have a checking account, and thought this was quite ridiculous. Not only is it difficult to make payments on a private loan, but my federal loans are in a completely different place and need to be managed separately. It dawned on me that a great business idea would be to replicate the functionality of Mint.com for student debt. However, a Tuition.IO already appears to be doing that. Neither of these websites solve the core problem of having to separate all of your loan payments. Wouldn't it be great if you could view, manage, and make payments to all of your student debts at the same time?

Any recent graduates from computer science programs feel this way? We should do it on our own if nobody else will!

No comments:

Post a Comment